Rome, the Eternal City, so called perhaps because of its still standing after more than a thousand years as the Pantheon and the Colosseum monuments; or perhaps because it is the seat of the Catholic church or perhaps to attract tourists. Whatever the reason, we can accept that Rome itself is eternal, at least in the memory of those who visit. Walk among Roman walls, obelisks and religious icons, past the most famous Italian fashion houses can only happen one time in a city: Rome.
If you are about to visit Rome, note the following list because it is full of suggestions to make your visit to Rome unforgettable.
- Visit the Coliseo. A photo with the “centurions” outside the Colosseum. His image is linked to the struggles, to power, often cruel in Imperial Rome. Just awesome. All returned to Rome with an extensive gallery of photos taken in front of the Colosseum.Save time and avoid queues by booking your tour to visit the Coliseum and Forums.
- Walking through the cobbled streets of Rome and stop refreshing drink from one of the sources dubbed “Nasoni” water. Rome water is a luxury, a constant sound, a reason to turn it into art.
- An aperitif in the romantic and traditional Trastevere district or local Monti. Roma are many Romas: be amazed by the variety and stories. Discover these corners of the city and many special tours to visit Rome.
- You may be stood enthralled, astonished by the vastness and majesty of the the Sistine Chapel until I give you a stiff neck and try to indentificar the hidden self-portrait of Michelangelo in the same …
Save time, avoid the queues and enjoy an exceptional booking your tour guide in the Vatican Museums.
In the basilica of St. Peter, to its size and beauty you will feel small … but fascinated. Upon entering your right to expect the Mercy of Miguel Angel … and in the square, with the audience on Wednesday and Sunday Angelus with a meeting with Pope Francisco.
- Taste the flavors of Rome
Eat a ‘gelato’, or two, or three … you can! Italian ice cream is delicious, and it’s not very difficult to find the best in Rome.
- Eat at least a typical Roman dish: Pasta alla carbonara or spaghetti cacio e peppe if you are vegetarian. Need a recommendation? See this section of restaurants in Rome.
- With the map of Rome in hand to tour the downtown squares: Piazza Venezia, Piazza del Popolo, Piazza of Spain (or the Spanish Steps) and Piazza Navona.
Join a group and make a tour through the streets of Rome. Or live wriggling with your Vespa to venture into the streets of Rome.
- Cross the Bridge of Angels and then admire the view of St. Peter’s Basilica from the Castel Sant’Angelo (if it is to watch the sunset better!)
You know we have a guided tour of Rome at night? Discover the itinerary and all about the secrets and intrigue abound in the histories of Rome and its people.
- Make an evening stroll begins at the Capitol Hill (view from the Caffarelli Terrace) and take you to the Colosseum on Via dei Fori Imperiali. Rome is a museum outdoors, do not forget it and if there is a full moon has a special charm. The view from the Fontanone del Gianicolo is fantastic, really a big Bellezza !!
- And last, but not least…throw a coin back, over your shoulder, to the Trevi Fountain, to return to Rome. But above all, enjoy entering churches, museums, libraries, palaces you can … there is so much and so wonderful that you will always a thousand reasons to come back, and come back!
Find out more on this Rome with proposals that will make you come and enjoy this wonderland.